Thursday, December 1, 2011

Birthday Layouts

Everytime a scrapper of the Wednesday Group celebrates her birthday, she has to prepare a project for the group.  As I turned a year younger, I prepared layouts for the group using a Crate Paper's Kit (I just need to get back on the name of the Kit).  I generously used the paper so I was able to create four (4) layouts which I think could be stretched for one more layout or two.

Title: Home is Where You Are


I created a brick using a gesso and a paint, although I didn't get the desired color (I must have done something wrong).  I glued on mica flakes on the house, tree and flowers for some shimmer.


The flowers were from Karen.  I used them sparingly to extend its usage (you know how expensive prima flowers are).  It would be nice though to put more flowers to make a frame out of them.


The strip of chipboard with butterflies was copied from Iris' class.  I painted the chipboard with pearl dabber.  I melted 2 layers of UTEE and while it was still soft, I stamped on the butterflies by Tim Holtz.  I brushed on some gold perfect pearl and set it with water with the same color of perfect pearl.


This layout is basically about layering, nothing much.  I just used the Pink Paislee mistables and misted it with Maya Road Mist on pink (I think).

Thanks for looking.

No comments: