Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sketch # 92 is Up at Little Shop of Sketches

Another inspiration, this time from equally talented Ashley Van Etten of Little Shop of Sketches, is already up at LSS.  

Sketch # 92



Don't you just love those circles? I am biased with layouts dominated with circles.  They evinced enough accent on the page and it gives that feeling of lightness or bubbliness. . . or is it just me because I associate circles with bubbles (lol).

For this sketch I used the funny picture of my son who seemed to have been shocked for whatever reason and the coordinating pattern back from October Afternoon, which has been sitting around in my stash for quite a long time already.  I guess those cute monsters perfectly matched with the oh-so-scared face of my son and provided the needed story. 

My take:


I love those plastic pair of eyes which I purchased from one of those cheap Japan stores.


Rolled the paper to make those extra snooping monsters be seen.


Supplies: PP: Echo Park Metropolitan Dots and Stripes in Navy Small Dot, Teal Large Dot, Teal Small Dot; CS: AC; Border: EP Dots and Stripes sticker elements; Alpha: Glitz Design Black Round Teeny Alpha and Jillibean Soup Alpha Beans; Stamp: Technique Tuesday Life in Pictures by Ali Edwards; Ink: Versa Fine in Onyx Black, TH Distressing Ink in Weathered Wood; Rub-on: Scenic Route; Others: October Afternoon Coordinating Pattern Back Night Light Shapes.

I am sure you can come up with the cutest interpretation.   Please upload your take at LSS' ning site.

Thanks for dropping by.

1 comment:

bessie said...

I love it! Very whimsical.