Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Let's Ride at Paper Issues

Paper Issues' next theme is "Let's Ride".  Interpretation is always up to you.  The challenge is up from August 14 until August 27, 2011.  You can link as many projects as you want.

As for my interpretation, if you can call it that way because I just followed the theme to the letter, I made use of my son's picture taken during the time he was trying on his second bike given by his Ninang Connie (Godparent) on his second birthday.  



Title: My 2nd Bike (on my 2nd birthday)

I tried on stamping and embossing using a clear embossing powder to resist the distressing. It's been a long time since I first tried this technique and it's nice to get the chance to try it again.  Oh! I love how it turned out (again, based on my standards).  I guess this technique will be seen more in my next layouts. :D


The strips of patterned paper saved what could have been a booboo on my LO.  Since I tried to distress directly at the mid portion of the page, the distressing ink spread unevenly.  I guess there is indeed a wisdom to the advise to always start distressing from the edges to control the volume of the distressing ink.  Nonetheless, the remedy somehow fitted my style - cluttering of coordinated elements (lol).

Supplies: PP: American Crafts CS While and Yellow; Echo Park Dots and Stripes Navy Large Dot and Navy Small Dot; Mask: Tim Holtz Idea-ology Timeworks; Stamps: Technique Tuesday Get it in Gear; Technique Tuesday Life in Pictures by Ali Edwards; Mists: Maya Road Hydrangea Blue; Memories Mists Mango Lemonade; Rub-ons: Scenic Route Vacation; Dies: Sizzix Gear and Sizzix Loops and Rik Raks ; Alphas: AC Nutmeg; Lily Bee Designs ABS Stickers; Others: Versa Fine Onyx Black.

Thank you for dropping by.  Hope to see you at Paper Issues.

1 comment:

Genevive said...

hi Regina! just saw your comment for my post. thanks a lot! just followed you too... see yah around! :)