Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Color Combos Galore #196

I particularly love sketches which require a particular color combination.  It provides that added challenge to create a page that would use colors that usually are not my cup of tea.  As a matter of experience, if I follow the color combinations to the letter, my LO will not be a disaster.

Color Combos Galore is another site I usually visit for some inspiration.  The inspiration board for this week is a focus on what one loves about summer.  What appears as more inspiring about the challenge is the color combination of subtle blue with earthly colors.  

The Inspiration Board # 196

My take:


Title: Summer Fun & Beyond

As seen in my recent works, I love misting using combination of colors which usually are the required palette.  Also, the manuscript background is likewise a recent style fave.



I made use of a Cuttlebug Design border frills, rolled and pasted them around to create the flowers.  I put them over prima flowers to match the color motif.


Supplies: PP: Echo Park for the Record; Screen Prints: Hambly Mod Circles & Scrapbooker's Sonata; Ink: Brilliance Olive; Versa Fine Onyx Black; Flowers: Prima and Cuttlebug, Inc. Paper Frills; Rub-ons: AC Spring & Summer Book One; Border Stickers: Crate Paper; Stamps: Hero Arts Old Manuscript: Technique Tuesday The Family Circle by Ali Edwards; Mask: Prima.

I love the clean appeal of the color palette.  I will definitely use this again for my future LOs.

Thank you again for taking time to visit.

No comments: