Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Life is Sweet at Paper Issues

Its time for a new theme at Paper Issues, "Life is Sweet"  Please do join us as the members of the creative team give their own interpretation of the theme.  You can submit your creation, whether it be a card, layout, or any altered item.  As lovely Cassie puts it, "If you used paper, you are in."




This is my interpretation:


Title: Life is Sweet With You In It!

I would like to give recognition here to the talent of Iris Uy in coming up with an idea for this brick like element and for sharing this idea with us.  For lack of materials, I merely used here hard gel, fine pumice gel and Kaiser paint in Sea Breeze.  I hope I was able to make a general appearance of a brick. :D



Supplies: PP: Webster's Pages Spring Market Simple Pleasures, Good Living, and Fresh Market; Country Estate Calm Moments; Chipboard: Crate Paper Restoration; Flowers: Symphony  Blend Blue and Pink; Dies: Sizzix TH Alterations Weathered Clock, Film Strip Frames; Alpha: Thickers Emerald; Medium: Hard Gel, Fine Pumice Gel, Kaisercolor Sea Breeze, TH Distressing Ink Broken China

I hope you play along with us.  You can link as many projects as you want. Link to your post, not to the main URL of your blog.  Try to link back to Paper Issues in your post if possible.  

Thanks for looking.

6 comments:

Shellye McDaniel said...

very, very beautiful :)

Kimmie said...

This is so pretty! I think you did a great job on those bricks! :o)

Susan said...

Beautiful layout, I love the texture on the edges or your page!!

Gretchen said...

gorgeous layout!!

Lana Bisson said...

this layout rocks!!! I love the technique you did with the brick. I have some paste stuff that works like that. I havent played much with it but you inspired me. I love the clock element on this and well the whole thing is amazing.

sandi said...

Another beautiful, beautiful lo! Your flowers look wonderful along with the clock. Great pic of the two of you as well!