Thursday, March 10, 2011

MY DIY Invitation

There was another family event and I was challenged again to create invitations.  It was a surprise party for our dear father who turned 70 last March 3, 2011.  Browsed the net and found a sample invitation.  I patterned it to the party motifs, which were blue and silver.  I used AAC cs and cut it to 6x12 and folded it to half.  I cut out a silver DCWV cs to make the big exclamation mark.  I cut the front page of the folded AAC cs to display the exclamation point upfront.  I used Sizzix slim alphas to create the word "Surprise".  I stamped on the word "shh" (a way to hush the guests) to a circle cut-out and embossed with sparkling embossing powder.  I used the cut-out to close two ends of blue and silver ribbons for the parchment paper, which served as my envelope.  

Want to share with your pics of the invitations.






It was all worth it since the party turned out to be a success.

No comments: